NHS South East London (ICB) and our Integrated Care System
NHS South East London will oversee the work of the Integrated Care System NHS body and make decisions on allocating resources and planning services. We will drive the four purposes of the ICS (to improve outcomes, tackle inequalities, enhance productivity and support social and economic development) through partnership, underpinned by principles of engagement, participation, subsidiarity and delegation. Ultimately, the ICB engages, convenes, understands, delegates and enables improvement.
Our four purposes:
- Improve outcomes in south east London population health and health and care services
- Tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience and access experienced by the residents of south east London
- Enhance productivity and value for money in the use of health and care resources in south east London
- Help the NHS support broader social and economic development in south east London
Principles by which we’ll achieve it:
- Partnership: We are a partnership of sovereign bodies coming together to achieve something greater than the sum of the partners. All partners have a voice and all partners have responsibility.
- Subsidiarity: This means issues and decisions should be dealt at the most local level consistent with their effective resolution.
- Accountability: We value both supporting each other and being held to account by each other and our wider partners.